Transcritical CO₂ flake ice maker
PS 150 bar
Flake Ice Makers (FGS) produce ice in the form of flakes.
They must be incorporated into a machine or refrigeration system.
Being fed with continuous water is required.
In this type of appliance, the ice forms on a fixed vertical cylindrical wall (the evaporator cylinder) and is mechanically removed by an icebreaker that moves along the wall.
All the water that enters the appliance is transformed into ice within. The ice production and distribution are continuous.
The ice comes out of a hole on the base of the appliance.
Transcritical CO2 evaporator cylinder
- Hermetic and fixed, there are no rotating seals that could give rise to refrigerant and oil leaking from the circuit.
- Designed to withstand extremely high pressures.
- The fatigue life was calculated with over 100,000 ON/OFF cycles of the device.
- Serpentine cooling circuit.
- Due to the size of the circuit, the high velocity of the refrigerant ensures an excellent oil return.
- Overheating the refrigerant escaping from the evaporator permits control of the return of liquid to the compressor.